The word Chakra is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning wheel, representing each of seven centres of spiritual power and energy in the human body. Each chakra is associated with a certain part of the body and corresponds to a specific aspect of personality, emotion and development.
We all have certain colours that we are attracted to that hold a personal meaning for us. These 7 Chakra Gemstones are perfect for adding the properties of colour to your life. Worn close to the skin the benefit from the gemstone vibrations help to align and balance your chakras.
7th Crown Chakra - Amethyst
The Crown Chakra is at the top of the chakra ladder which starts from the Root Chakra that grounds us on the earth and progresses upward. The crown chakra is generally considered to be the state of pure consciousness and enlightenment. Symbolized by a lotus with one thousand multi-coloured petals and located either at the crown of the head or above the crown of the head, it is our connective center to our spirit.
I am connected to the divine source of the universe. I am light. I trust.
Amethyst Gemstone Properties:
- Stone of meditation and spirituality
- Cleanses, purifies, restructures and renews
- Reduces anger, impatience and nightmares
- Believed to help overcome addictions
6th Third Eye Chakra - Blue Lapis
The Third Eye Chakra is symbolised by a lotus with two petals and is located in the centre of the forehead. It is here that we visualize things through our third eye with spiritual vision and intuition. It is the chakra of forgiveness, compassion and corresponds with our spiritual awakening.
My mind is open to new vision. I explain my awareness through my higher self.
Blue Lapis Gemstone Properties:
- Organises and quiets the mind as well as adding wisdom
- Helps to heal anxiety, restlessness, insomnia and depression
- Protects from physical harm and points the way to enlightenment
5th Throat Chakra - Aquamarine
The Throat Chakra is depicted as a silver crescent within a white circle with 16 pale blue or turquoise petals. It is our center for creativity, self-expression and communication. It is the chakra of diplomacy where we speak and expressed our inner voice of truth.
I am aligned with my highest truth and communicate this with love and honour. My words echo softly in the universe.
Aquamarine Gemstone Properties:
- A stone of courage and protection
- Used to enhance spiritual communication, clear communication blocks, align all of the chakras and enhance the aura
- Allows one to look at emotional situations from other perspectives
- Help overcome judgment of others and encourage tolerance
4th Heart Chakra - Aventurine
The Heart Chakra is symbolised by a circular flower with twelve green petals called the heartmind. Within it is two intersecting triangles, forming a hexagram, symbolising a union of the male and female. It is our center of compassion, devotion, love and spiritual growth.
Aventurine was used is native american medicine wheel rituals and when held over the heads of participants, they felt a wave of love all around them.
My heart is open to receive the energy of love. I radiate this essence. I walk my path with ease and grace.
Aventurine Gemstone Properties:
- Heals the heart by releasing emotional stress
- Allows reuniting of the healthy heart and soul
- Heal emotional pain, fear, negativity and imbalance
- Calms a troubled spirit and brings about inner peace
3rd Solar Plexus Chakra - Citrine
The Solar Plexus Chakra is symbolised by a downward pointing triangle with ten petals, along with the colour yellow. It is our center for self-empowerment, satisfaction, contentment, integrity and self-respect.
My will and divine will are one. I am connected to the abundant flow of the universe and easily manifest my dreams.
Citrine Gemstone Properties:
- Promotes a bright, happy disposition
- Increases both physical and material power
- Expands mental clarity
2nd Sacral Chakra - Carnelian
The Sacral Chakra is symbolised by a white lotus within which is a crescent moon, with six vermilion or orange petals. It is our center for developing an inward sense of self and realizing we are a separate entity. The center for creating relationships, awareness and feelings of other people.
I love all dimensions of myself and delight in weaving the creative tapestry that is my life.
Carnelian Gemstone Properties:
- Represents the fertility of the earth
- Signifies strength
- Reinforces confidence, initiative, dramatic abilities and assertiveness
- A stone of passion and sexuality
- Protects against anger and fear
1st Root or Base Chakra - Red Jasper
The Root or Base Chakra is symbolised by a lotus with four petals and the colour red and is located at the base of the spine. This chakra symbol represents the most earth-centered energy for physical vitality, personal survival and our identification with the physical world.
I am connected with the energy of Mother Earth. My body, mind and spirit are grounded, centred and purified.
Jasper Gemstone Properties:
- Believed to stabilize emotions and reduce fears.
- Used for bronchial problems and to strengthen the blood.